First impressions are everything! In this role, you will have the opportunity to create lasting memories for every Guest by ensuring that guest rooms are comfortable, inviting and clean. The luxury our Guests experience will ensure their return. We offer Full Time and Part Time Opportunities.
For over 130 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 757 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn?t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It?s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work?life balance in one of Canada?s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
- Vacancies: 96
- Term of employment: Permanent, Full time 32 to 44 hours/week; part time also available for those who require
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Employment conditions: Overtime, early morning, morning, day, evening, shift, weekend
- Education – No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience – Will train, experience an asset
- Security and safety – criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information – Public transportation available
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisors, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer a professional, engaging and friendly service
- Responsible for following all established and future standard operating procedures (SOP?s). These will include but are not limited to reporting to work, signing in and out, master, sectional or general keys, sequence of service and lost & found
- Expected to adhere to all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts standards that relate to hygiene and grooming, health and safety, fire, accommodations, guestroom standards and guest interactions
- Clean and record all assigned guestrooms including: making beds, removing trash and dirty linen, retrieving clean linen, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing and polishing floors, replenishing amenities, placing furniture to its original position, being attentive to the guests belongings by pairing shoes, folding clothes and ensure that all other personal belongings are cared for. Additional information as laid out in the sequence of service.
- Clean the guest bathrooms which include: cleaning all surfaces (horizontal and vertical), all sinks, taps, vanities, tubs, showers and walls and toilets. Replenish amenities and additional information as laid out in the sequence of service.
- Clean and disinfect elevators, vacuum hallways, ensure back spaces are neat and tidy
- Report all concerns related to Engineering/Maintenance, health and safety, security or suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound)
- Responsible for the assistance in maintaining a clean and organized backspace and housekeeping cart
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous guest service and/or housekeeping experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- No prior education required
Rate of Pay: Starting at $15.50 per hour. Full rate after one year is $18.04 per hour.
Perks: Employer provided Pension,Subsidized staff housing for full time status, duty meals in our staff cafeteria, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision care for full time status, employee travel program and employee assistance program.