Our Delivery Service Representatives have the unique opportunity to present the Gordon Food Service brand and service to our customers through courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries.
Not your typical driving job:
30% of the shift is spent driving/operating company owned vehicles
70% of the shift is spent unloading and delivering our products to the customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing exceptional service to build/maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600-800 cases/shift)
- Safely and professionally operate straight trucks or trailers to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes according to provincial road regulations.
- Conduct routine truck inspections (pre/post trip) and maintain accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Perform product delivery verification at customer location and maintain customer invoices
- Follow all GFS Canada policies and procedures including all health & safety regulations
- Must be able to maintain composure/professionalism in high-pressure situations
- All other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Class 1 or Class A license with a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Must be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 60 lbs)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills (able to read, write and speak English)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must pass a Road Test, Physical Abilities Test and a Background Check
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- High school diploma is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather and temperature ranges (including being able to safely operatethe equipment during poor road and driving conditions)
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times.
Starting Wage: $24.35/hour.
More information here: https://c-8599-20170413-www-gfs-ca.i.icims.com/