U.S. Aviation Hiring Requirements – MSP for 650 Aeroplane Cabin Cleaner Jobs Available In USA & Dubai
Key Requirements include but are not limited to:
- “Safety First”, every day!
- TSA awareness
- Policy adherence (all regulatory and customer-issued)
Job Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Holding a valid Driver’s License (specific positions)
- Reporting for a shift in full uniform: green shirt, black pants, closed-toed/closed-heel black shoes and PPE (vest and ear plugs)
- Being able to work weekends
- Being dependable with good work ethic
- Being at least 18 years of age
- Being able to handle 30 pounds
- Being able to work comfortably in close quarters
- Having flexibility for shift start/end times as driven by airline flight schedules
Application Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Being eligible to work in the United States
- Being available for immediate hire
- Holding two (2) valid, government-issued IDs
- Being able to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Independently filling out employment applications online:
- Go to unitedhq.com
- Hover over Contact Us
- Click Careers
- Click Current Openings
- In the drop-down box, locate MN and select position
- Passing a background check, fingerprinting and drug testing.
MSP Cabin Cleaner
To perform Cabin Cleaning tasks as assigned/directed by the Lead/Supervisor on a scheduled shift, dictated by operational needs:
- Report to work on time per the schedule provided by your Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Sign or clock in only at the beginning of your scheduled shift unless otherwise previously directed by your Supervisor. Sign or clock out only at the end of your scheduled shift unless otherwise previously directed by your Supervisor. Falsifying any sign-in or sign-out times is grounds for immediate termination.
- Always be in proper uniform for each shift and report to work in your uniform.
- Always wear mandatory Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during your shift as part of the uniform.
- Remain in compliance with all rules and regulations provided in the company Employee Handbook at all times.
- Connect with your Supervisor a minimum of 24 hours in advance in regard to a call-out due to illness and/or personal reason.
- Always be respectful of fellow employees, airline personnel/passengers and other company employees working within your area.
- Display professional behaviour to all fellow employees at all times, no exceptions.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and speak English.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand flight schedule(s).
- Be respectful while working in close quarters with co-workers to meet the goals of the company and our customer(s).