United State’s Prestigious University of Houston is calling on qualified and eligible International Students to apply for their 2017/18 Tier One Scholars program aimed at sponsoring International Students in their degree programs at the University.
The United States of America Texas-based institution of higher studies is offering this scholarship to help International Students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership, and engagement in social and political issues facing their world.
In order to be considered for the Tier One Scholarship, the following elements must be complete and received by 5:00pm (CT) on November 15th, 2017:
- Your application for admission to the University.
- Your Tier One Scholarship application.
- A letter of recommendation, sent directly by the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter should be from an individual who knows you well (high school teacher, school administrator, club advisor, etc.).
If you are selected for an on-campus interview, you will be notified by December 8, 2017. On-campus interviews will take place January 13, 2018 during the Tier One Invitational. For more information, email email@example.com.
To honour the life and work of President Nelson Mandela of South Africa, the INSEAD MBA Class of ’75 created an endowment to offer €20,000 annual scholarships to international students from Africa.
This coalition believe that sound management education can harness Africa’s entrepreneurial culture”, commented Mr Mandela in support of this project. “I embrace INSEAD’s academic rigour and diversity, which will equip our scholars with the right management skills to drive Africa’s economic development. My hope and belief is that they will inspire a strong, globally integrated Africa.
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- have aptitude for business and financial management
- be Africans
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- have applied or applying to INSEAD
- have spent a substantial part of their lives and received part of their prior education in Africa.
How To Apply:
1).In 350-400 words state why you wish to undertake the INSEAD MBA and why you feel it is relevant to your particular educational needs. Furthermore, explain how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country after graduation and discuss why you should be selected as the Nelson Mandela scholar in your class.
2).In 200 words analyse what you consider to be the most significant issue relating to the society, politics, economics, or culture of your country or region today.
3).In 150-200 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as a cash flow forecast for the year at INSEAD. More details on INSEAD website.
This fully funded scholarship is offered to exceptional high school students entering the Bachelor of Health Sciences degree program in the Cumming School of Medicine. Apply for admission into the University of Calgary to study under this financial aid in 2018.
Other documents that are required
- Submit the Bachelor of Health Science Supplementary Admission Application to the Cumming School of Medicine by January 5
- If you completed high school outside of Alberta, email your high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 403-282-2999.
- The document deadline is January 15.
Deadline and Notification
- December 15 – Award application deadline
- January 5 – Bachelor of Health Science Supplementary Admission Application deadline
- January 15 – Document deadline
- March – Award notification
- You must be admitted directly from high school into the fall term of the first year of the BHSc degree in the Cumming School of Medicine
- Academic merit with potential to succeed as a medical scientist (MD-PhD)
- Exceptional evidence of the non-cognitive attributes sought by the Cumming School of Medicine amongst matriculants to the MD program
- You must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- Demonstrate contribution to school life and/or community service
- Require a minimum GPA of 3.40 over all course work completed in the previous fall and winter terms at UCalgary.
- Maintain full-time registration (30.00 units or more) over the fall and winter terms in the Bachelor of Health Sciences degree program in the Cumming School of Medicine
To renew each successive year, you must continue your extracurricular involvement in campus or community-based organizations or projects that are not part of the BHSc academic program. Submit annually a copy of your activities to the Cumming School of Medicine.
The University of Glasgow is offering up to $10,000 scholarships for international students under the Chancellors International Scholarship program in 2018. This financial aid covers postgraduate students for the period of their taught courses.
The University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. It was founded in 1451.
Course Level: The awards are available for pursuing the postgraduate taught programme in any of the 4 University Colleges. Awards are available to study the subjects offered by the university.
Eligibility: To eligible, applicants must
- Obtain a degree equivalent to a UK 2.1 Hons or better
- Hold an offer of a place for a postgraduate taught programme in any of the 4 University Colleges
- Be classed as International students for fee purposes
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants holding offers by the deadlines below will be automatically assessed for a scholarship based on academic merit. Applicants who are being considered will be notified within the timeframes below. There is no separate application form required
Application Deadline: Applicants will be automatically assessed for a scholarship based on academic merit. Applicants who are being considered will be notified within the timeframes below. There is no separate application form required.
- Applicants holding a programme offer by December 1 will receive their scholarship outcome by 16 December
- Applicants holding a programme offer by March 1 will receive their scholarship outcome by 16 March
- Applicants holding a programme offer by June 1 will receive their scholarship outcome by 16 June
Details of this program is available in the University of Glasgow Website.
Announcement is hereby made for commencement of application for fully funded study aid for international students to study at the Institute of International Studies (IIS), University of Berkeley, Califonia, United States. This scholarship is fully funded and available to all new applicants seeking admission into their courses.
Application closes November 13, 2017 ahead of 2018 academic session. The Institute of International Studies (IIS) Undergraduate Merit Scholarship supports undergraduate research in any area of international studies.
Amount of scholarship: Merit scholarships will be up to $2000 each with the chance to win an additional $1000 for Best Research Summary.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must;
- be International students
- have applied or applying to UC Berkeley
- have good academic records from previous educational programs
Interested applicants must submit a one-page research proposal that addresses:
- The research question;
- Why it is important to the field of study;
- Qualification to conduct the research (i.e. related past or planned coursework, languages, etc.);
- A preliminary research plan (including the format for research, i.e. during EAP, as an independent study, etc.).
The university has outlines application process to guide all applicants willing to join their classes under the IIS scheme in 2018. We urge you to apply as soon as you can.
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) offers an awards program for students who are pursuing a Master’s degree in a health related field in Canada.
Chemistry and Biochemistry, Gerontology, Kinesiology and Health Studies, Psychology, Social Work, Johnson-Shoyama School of Public Policy, Nursing.
Value: $17,500 for one year
Eligibility: To be eligible for this award you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- must have a first class average (80% or above), in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent
- have completed or be in the last year of a Bachelor’s degree or,
- have been registered for no more than 10 months as a full-time student in a Master’s program
- by applying for support to pursue your first graduate degree
- not have already held an award from SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR, or any other federal source to undertake your Master’s degree.
Student Status: Full-time
Citizenship: Canadian or Permanent
Applications: Application information including the web application, Training Module, CV Module and Sponsor’s reports are available on CIHR’s website. Website: www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award are open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering or a related area.
Winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, an annual stipend, and conference travel support. Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Students who are in their first or second year of study and are members of a minority group* that is underrepresented in the technology sector, may elect to be evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Each Fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
We are accepting applications from PhD students with research in one of the following areas:
- Computational Social Science
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Research Outside of the Above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above. For more information on our topical areas of interest please visit Facebook website.
Required application materials:
A) Research Summary 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research. Please reference the research areas.
B) Resume or CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
C) Two letters of recommendation (Please provide their email addresses):
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research.
- Students work must be related to one or more of the outlined research areas
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) that the Fellowship is awarded.
- The Fellowship Program is open to PhD students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- Students applying for an Emerging Scholar award must be in their first or second year of study AND identify as a member of one or more of the following groups:
- Black or African American
- Hispanic or Latino
- Native American or Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
Applications open on Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:00am PST.
Completed applications are due by Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 6:00pm PST.
(Applications may be saved and edited up until application deadline). Application is online via the Facebook website.
The Maastricht University is inviting application from suitably qualified EU/non EU Students to apply for their 2018 edition of €29,000 scholarship funding aimed at helping international students through their degree programs in the university.
Like every other years in the past, the Maastricht University scholarship is for 24 students and would tuition including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend towards the overall well-being of the scholars.
The Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with more than 16,000 students and 4,000 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time master’s programme
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Humanities & Sciences, Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience and School of Business and Economics.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship programme offers €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year.
One of the numerous eligibility criteria require that applicants must be offering one of the courses listed in the school website that could participate in this funding offer. Applicants may check them prior to applying.
All applications will end February 1, 2018. We implore students to check the school website for details of the applications.
Are you a female student wishing to take an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course in Commercial/Investment Banking? Study in China using the Credit Suisse 1,000USD scholarships for 2018. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates.
The scholarship is intended to give exceptional students exposure to the world of Investment Banking.
Credit Suisse strategy is to be a leading wealth manager, with strong investment banking capabilities. They seek to follow a balanced approach to wealth management, aiming to capitalize on both the large pool of wealth within mature markets as well as the significant growth in wealth in Asia Pacific and other emerging markets.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Undergraduate and Master degree programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to any of courses offered.
Scholarship Benefits: Credit Suisse is now accepting applications for the 2017 China Investment Banking Women’s Scholarship, a financial assistance award of USD 1,000 to three (3) undergraduate or Master’s degree female students.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree female students who are studying full-time at a university in China and are on track to graduate in 2019/2020.
- Students from any academic discipline or degree.
- If you already hold other scholarships or intend to undertake a summer internship, you are still eligible and encouraged to apply.
- You do not need to have any prior finance experience or knowledge.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted online no later than Wednesday, October 18, 2017, midnight Hong Kong Time, and include:
- Your résumé
- Cover letter (marked Reference 2017 Credit Suisse China Investment Banking Women’s Scholarship)
- Certified copy of your most recent academic transcript
All applications are to be made online on Credit Suisse website on or before October 18, 2017.